It looks like the response your RPC method is generating is too big.

On 9 Feb 2010, at 19:53, Lior Harsat wrote:

Hi ,

I am getting OutOfMemoryErrors. The stack trace always points to the
exact same place at the Jetty runtime. see stack trace below
has anyone experienced this?
These errors occur for the same flow in my code (sometime it succeeds
and sometime it get the OutOfMemoryError). this particular flow does
not return too much content (around 5KB).
If my app had a memory problem I would expect to get the
OutOfMemoryErrors all over the place, but, it only happens in one
flow.
please help.

        at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(Unknown Source)
        at
com
.google
.apphosting
.runtime
.jetty
.RpcResponseGenerator.newBufferFromPool(RpcResponseGenerator.java:
213)
        at
com
.google
.apphosting
.runtime.jetty.RpcResponseGenerator.<init>(RpcResponseGenerator.java:
39)
        at
com
.google
.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcConnection.<init>(RpcConnection.java:
41)
        at
com
.google
.apphosting
.runtime
.jetty
.JettyServletEngineAdapter
.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:
99)
        at
com
.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:
235)
        at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime
$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5235)
        at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime
$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5233)
        at
com
.google
.net
.rpc
.impl
.BlockingApplicationHandler
.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:
24)
        at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:
363)
        at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:838)
        at
com
.google
.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:
56)
        at
com
.google
.tracing
.LocalTraceSpanBuilder
.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:
536)
        at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:793)
        at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:368)
        at
com
.google
.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:
448)
        at
com
.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:
319)
        at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:
290)
        at com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:
466)
        at
com
.google
.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:
759)
        at
com
.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:
205)
        at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:
101)
        at
com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:
251)
        at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime
$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:394)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google App Engine for Java" group. To post to this group, send email to google-appengine-java@googlegroups.com . To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-appengine-java+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java?hl=en .