Hello,

I am having too many of these "java.io.IOException: Timeout while
fetching" errors from my outbound URL.openstream() calls.  When tested
in my Firefox browser, the HTTP request to the non-appengine site
usually takes less than 3 seconds.  But the appengine log on the same
request shows something like "31027cpu_ms".  The URLFetch timeout
defaults to 5 seconds according to the appengine doc.  If my browser
can complete a request under 3 seconds 99% of the time, I expect the
appengine to complete the same request under 3 seconds with a similar
success rate, not the 99% of failure I am seeing right now.

So is URL.openstream() too slow on appengine or am I missing
something?

Thanks,
yc