Hi there:

I'm facing the same problem. I tried and I tried and I still can't catch any
deadlineException that is supossed to be thrown when I exceed the 30
seconds. The only thing I see is a HardDeadlineExceededError, and in my case
it ocurrs in the middle of a JDOQuery.deletePersistentAll() method.

Anyone has any ideas? All I want to do is make sure that I'm handling that
situation in case it happens. Here's the stack:

com.google.apphosting.runtime.HardDeadlineExceededError: This request
(ccc45fc5ce7541bd) started at 2010/02/12 14:51:12.763 UTC and was still
executing at 2010/02/12 14:51:42.551 UTC.
at
com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-ccc45fc5ce7541bd(Request.java)
at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(Unknown Source)
at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireSharedNanos(Unknown
Source)
at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.tryAcquireSharedNanos(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(Unknown Source)
at com.google.net.rpc.util.RpcWaiter.waitForRpcsToFinish(RpcWaiter.java:96)
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:98)
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:48)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreApiHelper.makeSyncCall(DatastoreApiHelper.java:52)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreServiceImpl$3.run(DatastoreServiceImpl.java:225)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.TransactionRunner.runInTransaction(TransactionRunner.java:30)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreServiceImpl.delete(DatastoreServiceImpl.java:211)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreServiceImpl.delete(DatastoreServiceImpl.java:192)
at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreServiceImpl.delete(DatastoreServiceImpl.java:184)
at
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.RuntimeExceptionWrappingDatastoreService.delete(RuntimeExceptionWrappingDatastoreService.java:141)
at
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.DatastorePersistenceHandler.delete(DatastorePersistenceHandler.java:196)
at
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.DatastorePersistenceHandler.deleteObject(DatastorePersistenceHandler.java:612)
at
org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManagerImpl.internalDeletePersistent(JDOStateManagerImpl.java:4198)
at
org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManagerImpl.deletePersistent(JDOStateManagerImpl.java:4166)
at
org.datanucleus.ObjectManagerImpl.deleteObjectInternal(ObjectManagerImpl.java:1470)
at
org.datanucleus.ObjectManagerImpl.deleteObject(ObjectManagerImpl.java:1395)
at
org.datanucleus.ObjectManagerImpl.deleteObjects(ObjectManagerImpl.java:1534)
at
org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.performDeletePersistentAll(Query.java:1881)
at
org.datanucleus.store.query.AbstractJavaQuery.performDeletePersistentAll(AbstractJavaQuery.java:136)
at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1832)
at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1780)
at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1769)
at org.datanucleus.jdo.JDOQuery.deletePersistentAll(JDOQuery.java:159)
at ar.com.SomeCodeOfMine$8.doStuff(Blah.java:175)

Thanks,

Esteban