Hi. I just deployed one of my first GAE applications, and I've noticed
immediately that it has unacceptably high latency issue. My
application uses Ajax for certain parts of the app, and something that
should takes less than 100 milliseconds (on our Tomcat container), it
is often taking as much as 6.5 or more for the content to be returned
in GAE.

Is there a problem with my account? Or is this perhaps expected level
of performance for non-paid users who are test driving Google App
Engine (and will improve once we pay the minimum fee?)

Thank you,
Soichi