Hey all,

I know that instance recycling times are not ideal - that's not my
problem here.  I'm wondering if it is possible to unintentionally
cause GAE to drop your instance and restart it?

I'm using the Wicket framework.  Everything works locally, but when I
deployed today, I experienced 5 instance restarts in the span of three
minutes - each restart is 15-20 seconds.

I'm not seeing any exceptions in the logs.  My quotas, load, etc are
all fine (practically non-existent).  Application behavior is perfect
- just with delays.

The only strenuous thing I'm doing is loading/processing a 350K XML
document into a Java object when the instance starts.

AppID:  http://jacob-brookover.appspot.com

Look at the Library and Start Reading the first two pages of Call of
the Wild.

This project is a port of an existing project that has gone through
pretty rigorous testing, usage.

Thanks!

Jake