On Feb 26, 12:13 pm, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Are you using GWT? Try disabling that. This could be related to that, though
> I'm not sure off the top of my head.

I had made that mistake the first time, but for this example, I made
sure that I did not select GWT when I created the project.

> You might also want to check on the GWT groups if you intend on moving
> forward with it as your front end.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit

Thanks.  I haven't made that determination yet.  Still learning what's
available and what each library/toolkit/etc provides.

I just took a peek at the GWT homepage, and I will probably move to
that at some point.  But, want to learn from the ground up, and go
through these steps as well.

Cheers
Mike