Hi all,

 New here.

 My app requires users to upload spreadsheets. The server has to make
the data available on a grid (GWT)..the user then makes changes if any
and press "import".. This is when the data is stored in the data store
in appropriate entities.

Questions .

 If this is not GAE, i would have stored the uploaded file in the
filesystem; used Apache POI to parse the file from a GWT-RPC service
and return it to a GWT grid. Then, upon user selection, commit the
data to persistence. Are there better (read: easier) ways to do this
under GAE? Can I make use of the Spreadsheet Data API to do this
instead? Do I need to store the file at all in that case?
Is there something in the Google Docs Upload API I should be using?

Since I am already committed to GAE and GWT, I wanted to make things
as simpler as it can be. If I can avoid other external
libraries..great.

Thoughts?

Cheers
praseed