The zig zag method will help you with the AND part of your problem but the IN (OR) queries would need to be merged and ordered. If each query is ordered by __key_ - java.util.PriorityQueue could efficiently merge the parts of your IN query without needing to load them all into memory. Then you could use the zig-zag method to combine (AND) the different IN queries.