The idea is not to create any threads. Why would you want to do that?

The same happens in J2EE (web container and EJB container), you are
not allowed to create threads.

Threads are used by the web container in order to attend several
requests at once (in practice the same could be done using NIO), but
user applications are not allowed to create, destroy or otherwise even
being aware of threads.

Again, why do you want to use threads?