The dev appserver is a simulator, not a true emulator. It'll run much
slower locally than in production because in production Google uses
BigTable, scalable email service, scalable XMPP, scalable task
executor, etc.

On a side note, this is the lesser of two evils, anyway. Anyone that
has done iPhone development knows that the simulator runs FASTER in
development that it does on a real device. As you can tell this leads
to problems ...

Ikai Lan
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/app_engine