Hello,
I'd like to use a platform independent ORM. I've tried JPA and JDO,
but creating PMF/EMF is too slow (several seconds). Well, I can
(should) cache the PMF/EMF as a static variable, but the cache is
invalidated too often. (I know that GAE is a cloud technology and
there can be more servers with my app.) I realized that JDO is a bit
faster than JPA.

What is happening during creating of the EMF or PMF?

Is there any workaround or another solution?

Am I doing anything wrong?

Note that I'm at the moment experimenting with GAE and I don't have
(m)any visitor(s). It will be better with more visitors, won't it?