Don,

The problem is intermittent, it appears and disappears from time to time. I
just know that when users start bombarding me with emails telling me that
Netherland Antilles aren't in the same as Netherlands or that time in New
Zealand isn't GMT, I know that time zones in App Engine are broken again. So
I just try to explain that to the users and ask them to wait a little bit.

We all hope you will fix this one day, guys.

A war file is not needed. Here is the code that I am running on my test
page, and the problem is that at times it displays all the major time zones
properly but at the other times it displays GMT for most time zones of the
world:

<%

    String[] tzones = TimeZone.getAvailableIDs();
    Arrays.sort(tzones);
    for (String tzId : tzones) {
        TimeZone tz = TimeZone.getTimeZone(tzId);
        String displayName = tz.getDisplayName();
        int dst = tz.getDSTSavings() / 3600000;
        int offset = tz.getOffset(new Date().getTime()) / 3600000;
        boolean inDst = tz.inDaylightTime(new Date());
        %>
    <th><%= tzId %></th>
        <%
    }

%>

The problem is not in the code, it's on your side guys and I hope you'll be
able to fix it.

Cheers,

Al;ex