I'm interested to hear from people who have enabled the datanucleus
JDO level 2 caching for App Engine-- how has that worked out?  This
thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/13cb942ceb97dc/3ab7518edf6a8bc6
suggests that at least one person had the experience that it was quick
locally but that there was a mysterious slow-down when the app was
deployed.
But, as far as I can tell, there are not a lot of people using L2
caching on App Engine (or at least, they are not discussing it here).

I'm curious also as to why the Google docs themselves do not mention
this feature (as far as I can tell)?- would any of the Google people
monitoring this group have input on that?