Hi Vlad,

You should be able to develop and debug App Engine applications in Eclipse
for Java EE in much the same way you would a GWT application, although there
are a few key differences.  I believe the main difference is that with App
Engine, you will need to use its included Development Server (
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/devserver.html) rather than
your own app server (Tomcat, Jetty, Glassfish, etc.).  The Development
Server simulates the runtime environment of Google App Engine, and is
necessary for testing datastore, login, etc.

Regarding multiple projects: we generally recommend using a single project
if possible to keep things simpler.  Also, the plugin may make it difficult
to split across multiple projects, if you run/debug directly from your
source WAR directory (project  properties > Google > Web Application >
Launch and deploy from this directory).  In this scenario, the plugin
automatically sets the project's build output path to <WAR>/WEB-INF/classes,
so you'll probably run into some issues with multiple projects, since they
each need to contribute class files and/or jars into that same WAR
directory.  However, if you use Eclipse for Java EE and run GWT with
-noserver, multiple projects *should* work, since WTP will take care of
populating WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib automatically.

Keith

, although with Eclipse for Java EE, you may be able to get away