It depends why you're making the tweaks - if you are just testing the
CSS to make sure a certain "tweak" has the desired affect, then you
could use something like Firebug to change the CSS on a particular
page until it's correct.  However, if you want that change to persist
across multiple pages then I don't see how you can do that without
redeploying.