I have a fix for this that i will share later this evening, but i also
ran into this issue. It would be good to have this fixed.

My fix basically entails parsing the native stream when i encounter
this error. There is an apache library which is doing the parsing. I
made a simple alteration to a piece of an apache quoted printable
parser to make it work and extracted this into a utility. Looks
something like

getContent(msg) {
 try {
   return msg.getContent();
 } catch (e) {
   return FixedQuotedPrintableParser.parse(msg.getNativeStream)

I'll post the real code when i get a chance.