My app has a configuration file which I place in the classpath and
read using commons-configuration's XMLConfiguration class...

XmlConfiguration config = new XmlConfiguration("config.xml");

Before I started porting my app to app engine, this worked fine. But
now I get this an exception (below). If I move the file to the War
folder it finds it and parses it ok. But the root of the war is not
where I want my config files to be!!

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission C:\Users\Eurig\config.xml read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:
323)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
546)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:
532)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory
$CustomSecurityManager.checkPermission(DevAppServerFactory.java:166)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)
        at java.io.File.exists(File.java:731)
        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils.locate(ConfigurationUtils.java:
538)
        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:
213)
        ... 39 more