I finally figured it out, its on the Datastore config level.

DatastoreServiceConfig config =
DatastoreServiceConfig.Builder.withReadPolicy(new ReadPolicy(Consistency.
EVENTUAL));

DatastoreService dss = DatastoreServiceFactory.getDatastoreService(config);

I thought it would have been on the Query object as it is in the JDO example
posted in the blog. I was using a singleton as I thought we were only meant
to instantiate one DatastoreService instance and reuse it??