In volume 2 of CoreServlets and JavaServer Pages, Marty Hall
recommends using a url-pattern for the JSP to match its original URL.
However, I cannot do this in Appengine and provide init-param for the
JSP page.

If I have a InitPage.jsp shown below in the war folder, (war/
InitPage.jsp)  and if I have a url-pattern of /InitPage.jsp  shown in
below web.xml then I will get a 500 Server Error each time with a
error log description of  "java.lang.IllegalStateException: No forced
path servlet for /InitPage.jsp"

Is there any way that I can have a jsp in the war folder with the same
name for a URL-Pattern and pass intialization parameters to the page.

Thanks
Dave

InitPage.jsp
=========
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>JSP Init Test</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FDF5E6">
<H2>Init Parameters:</H2>
<UL>
  <LI>First name: <%= firstName %>
  <LI>Email address: <%= emailAddress %>
</UL>
</BODY></HTML>
<%!
private String firstName = "First name is missing.";
private String emailAddress = "Email address is missing";

public void jspInit() {
  ServletConfig config = getServletConfig();
  if (config.getInitParameter("firstName") != null) {
    firstName = config.getInitParameter("firstName");
  }
  if (config.getInitParameter("emailAddress") != null) {
    emailAddress = config.getInitParameter("emailAddress");
%>

web.xml
=======
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"; xmlns:web="http://
java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
  version="2.5"

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>InitPage</servlet-name>
    <jsp-file>/InitPage.jsp</jsp-file>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>emailAddress</param-name>
      <param-value>ga...@oracle.com</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>firstName</param-name>
      <param-value>Bill</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>InitPage</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/InitPage.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>