>From http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/usingjpa.html;

"The App Engine Java SDK includes an implementation of JPA 1.0 for the
App Engine datastore."

But from a couple of days work I've already found the following things
which don't comply with the JPA spec;

- Strings can't be used for @Id values (unless you use a GAE specific
extension).
- Longs can't be used for @Id values for items in a List.
- Maps seem totally broken. Trying the example from 9.1.27 of the JPA
spec (ejb-3_0-fr-spec-persistence.pdf) generates a method about FK
maps being not supported.

Did I miss something, or does AppEngine actually not contain an
implementation of JPA, but contains a semi-functional work in progress
which only provides some features of JPA?

Al.