So I've set up appstats, and I tend to see the following picture:  The
entire request took around 5 seconds, there are some RPC call bars
that add up to around 2 seconds, and the rest of the request time is
simply empty space in the timeline.  Can I safely assume that all the
empty space before the first RPC call in the timeline is spin-up
time?  The code that runs before the first RPC call is more or less
trivial, so I can't imagine what else would be taking up all this
time, but it would be nice if spin-up time was clearly delineated.