Hi,
I'm new to appengine.
and have the first problem hopefully someone can help me.

I have just a simple Entiy class like this:

@Entity
public class GuestbookEntry {

  @Id
  @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
  private Key    key;
  private String username;
  private String message;

this class will be persisted with jpa.

this works fine so far.
but know I will update this class and add a new field:

private long time;

when I now start the app and will get the data that is allready stored
I allways get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Datastore entity with kind
GuestbookEntry and key GuestbookEntry(1) has a null property named
time.  This property is mapped to
net.umbella.appengine.services.guestbook.model.GuestbookEntry.time,
which cannot accept null values

normaly I would update the db schema by myself, andi can add a default
value 0 to all existing entry.

but how do I solve this problem on appengine ?

thanks

kindest regards
Matthias