Hi!

2010/4/27 Jaroslav Záruba <jaroslav.zar...@gmail.com>

> Due debugging purposes, and only in development environment, I need to
> manipulate with a text-file. Obviously I ran into following message...
> > access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> F:\workspace\AppEngine1\war\js\main.js delete)
>
> I thought adding the permission to java.policy would cure this, so I
> modified all three I have on my system*, adding following line to the
> 'default' grant-block
> > permission java.io.FilePermission
> "F:\\workspace\\AppEngine1\\war\\js\\*", "read,write,delete";
> (I hope the syntax is OK.)
>
> But that did not help. :(

You could also start a dedicated tomcat with a simple servlet that  just
receives a http get or post and writes the file for you. Your "logging"
would call this URL instead of writing into the file. As long as it's not
pure binary stuff, this should work. If it's binary, you could base64 it for
the transport.

Sorry for CC'ing you, but I think I am still blocked from posting to this
list because I have not been cleared by the list owner yet :-(

--
Bye,
 Patrick Cornelißen