I was testing my splitting library. I had a 2GB file accessible in my
test environment. From that I created a 2GB blob and set it as a
property of my Entity. My library then split that property into
entities around 1MB each, and then did multiput 500 of those 4 times
and then whatever was left on the 5th try. So I didn't run into the
limitation, but it was a unit test using test setup.  You can see the
library here:  http://code.google.com/p/mindash-datastore/

One note, I haven't gotten around to posting version 0.8 yet, so 0.7
breaks for sure. But it's minor bugs, the general methodology is
there. If you do go in depth on it I would love to get some feedback.

Cheers