I'm developing a webapp and want to test in different browsers, but
cannot test with IE. I am stymied by the GAE development server's
refusal to answer to any address other than "localhost", which is
necessary to get my Windows VM to talk to the server. I have VMWare
Fusion running IE6 with a so-called "Host Only" mode virtual network
adapter and I want to connect to my GAE dev instance on port 8888. I
successfully use this technique with Tomcat (on port 8080), so I know
that my setup is working.

The key thing, I think, is to configure Jetty to answer to something
other than either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'. A search through
documentation, this group, and the general web turned up nothing.
However I'd be surprised if this hadn't come up before.

The other option, (which I would like to avoid, thank you!) is to
write or install a reverse proxy server on my Mac that fools the GAE
server into thinking packets are coming from 'localhost'.

How do I get the GAE dev server to answer to something other than
'localhost'?

Thanks,
Josh