What about the code which reads the data? How we will test it if can't persist the data in test cases.

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 May 2010, at 15:33, Unni Panicker <o4tec...@gmail.com> wrote:

When you run the server , data gets persisted and u can view the data using the console http://localhost:8888/_ah/admin. But for the test utilities it is not persisted. It is preferable that data is not persisted for two reasons.

1. It is better to start each test from a clean plate.
2. Persistence itself is not your code and there is no need to test it.

I believe this is the thinking behind it. Even when I tried with a backing file, I could not retrieve the objects that I persisted in my previous method call. If any one has a better explanation, please.