I am testing a cron job. It gets uploaded fine, but fails on the
dashboard. Can't really figure out what the problem is.

I created a cron.xml file in WEB-INF and put this in :
<cronentries>
        <cron>
        <url>/cron/mycronjob</url>
        <description>Simple Cron Job that announces that it got invoked</
description>
        <schedule>every 1 minutes</schedule>
        </cron>
</cronentries>

In the web.xml  I included this:

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>ScrapCronServlet</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>com.scrapbook.ScrapCronServlet</servlet-class>
               </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>ScrapCronServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/cron/mycronjob</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

And in the cron servlet:
public class ScrapCronServlet extends HttpServlet{
         public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
throws IOException {

          try {
         // _logger.info("Cron Job has been executed");
          String mesg=" Cron job was executed ";
          ScrapMailServlet.sendEmail(mesg);
            //Put your logic here
          //BEGIN
          //END
            }
          catch (Exception ex) {
          //Log any exceptions in your Cron Job
                  //_logger.info("Cron job hasnt worked");

  @Override
  public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
throws ServletException, IOException {
  doGet(req, resp);

Has anyone else had this problem?