I understand that there can be problems with everyone having a full-
time reserved JVM.  My problem is simply that the instance restarts
too frequently.  I mean, honestly, one SINGLE page request results in
TWO application restarts?  Even if you get it down to 4 seconds,
that's 8-10 seconds just for the page to load.

I confess, I'm not an expert on the technology involved.  Is it
technologically difficult to say, if a JVM gets any traffic, hold it
open for 5 minutes at a minimum.  This can be cheated by the "keep
alive" pinging that people are doing, but perhaps that can be ignored
and only external traffic counts?

Jake