this was actually covered in Google I/O App Engine fireside chat. Max
Ross explained that it is the tradeoff of the App Engine and how it
works with automatic scalability and such. I don't think there is any
expectation of a fix as it is property of the system.  Check it out
for yourself at:

http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/sessions/fireside-chat-app-engine.html