Thanks for enquiring, Ikai.

Was held up implementing some features - including integrating OpenId
support - that I missed reading the groups' emails for a few days.

Regarding snags.. except when I try to login with a Google Account created
using a Google Apps email-id, everything works fine.

*Details  :*
When users login using normal Google Accounts and normal Google Apps user
accounts, by providing the domain name, there are no issues.

But, when one has a Google Apps user account with email id
u...@myappsdomain.com and had created a Google Account providing this
email-id. Then, logging in with this Google Account (instead of Google Apps
account) an Internal Server Error occurs..

Error: Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.

If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this error
message and the query that caused it.

The URL flow at is as given below :

The initial URL is something like..
http://MY.DOMAIN.COM/_ah/login_redir?claimid=gmail.com&continue=http://MY.DOMAIN.COM/

..which gets HTTP 302 to a URL of the form:
https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/ud?source=gmail.com
&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0
&openid.mode=checkid_setup
&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net
%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select
&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net
%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select
&openid.assoc_handle=...
&openid.return_to=http%3A%2F%2FMY.DOMAIN.COM
%2F_ah%2Fopenid_verify%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252FMY.DOMAIN.COM
%252F%26gx.rp_st%3D...
&openid.realm=http%3A%2F%2FMY.DOMAIN.COM
&openid.ns.ax=http%3A%2F%2Fopenid.net%2Fsrv%2Fax%2F1.0
&openid.ax.mode=fetch_request
&openid.ax.type.attr0=http%3A%2F%2Faxschema.org%2Fcontact%2Femail
&openid.ax.type.attr1=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.openid.net%2Fcontact%2Femail
&openid.ax.required=attr0%2Cattr1%2Cauto2
&openid.ns.sreg=http%3A%2F%2Fopenid.net%2Fextensions%2Fsreg%2F1.1
&openid.sreg.required=email
&openid.ns.ui=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fextensions%2Fui%2F1.0
&openid.ax.type.auto2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
%2Faccounts%2Fapi%2Ffederated-login%2Fid

..which then gets 302 to the URL of the form :
http://MY.DOMAIN.COM/_ah/openid_verify?
continue=http%3A%2F%2FMY.DOMAIN.COM%2F
&gx.rp_st=...
&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0
&openid.mode=id_res
&openid.op_endpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
%2Faccounts%2Fo8%2Fud%3Fsource%3Dgmail.com
&openid.response_nonce=2010-06-10..
&openid.return_to=http%3A%2F%2FMY.DOMAIN.COM
%2F_ah%2Fopenid_verify%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252FMY.DOMAIN.COM
%252F%26gx.rp_st%...
&openid.assoc_handle=...
&openid.signed=op_endpoint%2Cclaimed_id%2Cidentity%2Creturn_to%2Cresponse_nonce%2Cassoc_handle
&openid.sig=..
&openid.identity=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Faccounts%2Fo8%2Fid%3Fid%3D..
&openid.claimed_id=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com
%2Faccounts%2Fo8%2Fid%3Fid%3D..

There are no errors when viewed from the App Engine admin console.

I use GAE Python (also making a CC to the python groups) and the default
API. That is, users.create_login_url(redirect_to) for Google Account login
and users.create_login_url(redirect_to, None, apps_openid_url) when Apps
domain is provided.

>From the URL flow, I see that the default domain is taken to be gmail.com,
when not providing the domain. May the issue is because of this. I guess
there will issues for users having Google Accounts with "@googlemail.com"
domain too. Is there is a better way to in which I should use the API to
avoid this issue, or should I file an issue ?

I also remember getting the error message mentioned in this issue :
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=3270

But, not able to reproduce it now.

Thanks & Regards,
R.Rajkumar