It's probably a bug. Can you look for a similar issue here?

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list

If it doesn't exist, please file reproduction steps.

Using kill on a process is less than ideal, but it's a development server so
there shouldn't be any detrimental effects. You shouldn't avoid using Kill
simply because you don't like it - Kill is just a tool in your toolbox and
should be used when needed.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:03 PM, shekhar <shekhar.kote...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you IKai Lan for taking time to answer my question, but I know
> how to kill a process and currently I am stopping server by doing the
> same. I usually dont like to KILL anyone (even a process) . So is
> there any command to stop development server? Or is that google forgot
> to provide any command for stopping server?
>

> On Jun 7, 11:58 pm, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> > Bit of a hack but:
> >
> > http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/kill-processes-from-the-window...
> >
> > <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/kill-processes-from-the-window..
> .>Just
> > a warning: I have never tried this before, though I've done similar
> things
> > in Linux using ps, kill and killall before.
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:09 AM, shekhar <shekhar.kote...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > >    I am not able to stop development server. I am starting it from
> > > command prompt using ANT script. I have created ANT script (build.xml)
> > > according to tutorial given by Google itself.
> >
> > >     My development App server starts successfully and I am able to
> > > test my app also. But when I press Ctrl+C, only ANT script stops and
> > > development server keeps running in background. I have to stop it
> > > manually by killing the process using Windows  Task Manager.
> >
> > > Does anyone knows how to stop server through ANT script?
> >
> > > --
> <google-appengine-java%2b­unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> > > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java?hl=en.
> >
> > --
> > Ikai Lan
> > Developer Programs Engineer, Google App Engine
> > Blog:http://googleappengine.blogspot.com
> > Twitter:http://twitter.com/app_engine
> > Reddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/appengine- Hide quoted text -

Ikai Lan