I wrote an executable jar that counts down to a specific point in
time.  Problem is that some people have problems executing it.  I am
trying to write a GWT app that does the same thing.

So is there a way to execute the server logic and automatically update
the client's display?  Or, is the client stuck with what it has until
"refresh" is pushed?

The jar uses thread.sleep()  I know that GWT is single threaded, but
has someone come up with a functional equivalent?