Hi Adrian:

     By plain normal servlet I meaned the url path (of the call to
blobstoreService.createUploadUrl(url) ) is mapping to a simple plain
HttpServlet implementation. And it is better to have the servlet
bypass any filter mapping in development phase. It's how I finally
succeeded to upload lots of blobs without any problems.