Hi JakeP
as far as I know, when you have an PNG image this allows you to write
metadata in order to make the background transparent, but in JPEG/JPG files
this cannot be done. So all I can see is that the app is working properly
but when an image in JPG/JPEG is showed, the viewer doesn't know how to
interpret the background-metadata so, the easiest thing to do is show it in
black colour.

Rgds.

Ronmell

2010/7/6 JakeP <jake.pier...@gmail.com>

> I have an app that does two image transforms - it reduces the size of
> images from rss feeds and spits out jpeg format images that are stored
> in the datastore. It also stores the original size images that it
> stores in jpeg format.
>
> image1:  original image => resize => "I'm Feeling Lucky" => jpeg
>
> image2: original image  => "I'm Feeling Lucky" => jpeg
>
> When I look at the reduced size image in a browser, sometimes, the
> image's white background is changed to black.  Known issue or Bug?
>
> orig:
>
> http://salonnewsapp.appspot.com/server?imagekey=da866db2b26c03e8e7866987e433431b6c068ea3&fullsize=1
>
> reduced size:
>
> http://salonnewsapp.appspot.com/server?imagekey=da866db2b26c03e8e7866987e433431b6c068ea3

ausencia de evidencia  ≠  evidencia de ausencia
http://culturainteractiva.blogspot.com/