In the tutorial, I've added the following to the guestbook.jsp file:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>

and made changed this:

<%
            }
%>
<%
    pm.close();
%>

I get no output from the c:out tag. I've tried a bunch of different
variations and nothing seems to work: I can get a medley of my
favorite exceptions, or no output, or the the literal text of the
expression I was hoping to evaluate. I have searched around, and I can
confirm the following:

I have isELIgnored="false", I do not have any JSLT jar in my WEB-INF/
lib directory. I also tried a <jsp:useBean id="g"
class="guestbook.Greeting" /> tag, but I got an error about the value
for the "class" attribute being invalid. Please help? I'm happy to
provide additional code or debugging output, if someone can point me
in the right direction.

PS. Might I respectfully submit that this would be a good thing to
include in the tutorial?