Hi,

I have a filter set for all requests.  Yet the first request to GAE
seems to bypass the filter.  Why/How could that be?????

I do have a welcome file set

<welcome-file>MyAppGAE.html</welcome-file>

but shouldn't that get called by the following filter

<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Using a url like (running locally)
http://127.0.0.1:8888/MyAppGAE.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997#login,
why does the filter get bypassed on first access.  Subsequest rpc
calls to the app do trigger the filter but I'm worried that before I
can authenticate the user, they have a chance to make an rpc call.
It's a huge potential security hole.

If it's the browser caching something, then when I change the welcome
page MyAppGAE.html, I would expect the filter to be applied when the
user gets the new page.  I can see the new page but still don't see
the filter applied.

What am I not understanding???????

Shawn