I'm creating textareas in the main java file of my app, and I want to
make them resize themselves as users enter and delete text in them. I
can't figure out how to do this, though. There are solutions online
where you can use javascript in the html file to compare the
offsetHeight and scrollHeight of the textarea and then make the two
heights match each other. However, since my textareas are not static
elements of the page and because I'm doing this with java, I don't
have access to the scrollHeight of the textarea (well, at least I
think I don't), so I can't use that solution. I'm very new to all of
this so there might be something that I'm completely missing. Any
advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!