Hi All,

I am trying to write a Java program using JavaMail to send an email between
2 users. I have NOT added mail.jar and activation.jar files to my appengine
project as I read somewhere that this would cause exceptions to be thrown
since the functionality is already available with the appengine .jar files.
But my program is throwing the following exception:-

Exception in thread "main"
com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$CallNotFoundException: The API package
'mail' or call 'Send()' was not found.
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:95)
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:48)
at
com.google.appengine.api.mail.MailServiceImpl.doSend(MailServiceImpl.java:95)
at
com.google.appengine.api.mail.MailServiceImpl.send(MailServiceImpl.java:32)
at
com.google.appengine.api.mail.stdimpl.GMTransport.sendMessage(GMTransport.java:247)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:95)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:48)
at weatherForecast.SendEmail.main(SendEmail.java:40)

I read in the following post:
http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=8589 that I need to remove
appengine .jar files from my project to make things work. But my web
application also involves rendering a .jsp file populated with some data
which is the welcoming page of my Google App when deployed on google
appengine and the project fails to work once I remove the .jars. It does
help me in getting rid of the exception though. Can anyone please suggest a
way to write an email program and make it work on a google appengine
project?

Thanks!
Harini