I want to run a query and receive a few keys, which I will delete
afterwards. The problem is that queries return the entire entity,
unnecessary work for the data store and the client (which is also
reflected as slower page performance and higher bills).
All I want from the query is the keys.

In SQL it would be something like
select t.id from table t where t.column > someValue

Is there a way to get it using the native API or in another way? I
imagine that JPA will do the same if the underlying libraries can only
return full records.