Hello everyone..

I have a App which needs to send very large number of SMS (same
message content) to given set of mobile numbers.
This number could be anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000.

Here is the plan I am trying, please advise if this can work
efficiently.

I want to be able to send SMS to them within a particular time of the
day, say between 1pm to 2pm. Thus I have to find the fastest way to
send sms to all of them within an hour or so.

I am planning to create a simple query to fetch 99 numbers from
datastore each time and loop through them to create 99 tasks. 100
tasks is the limit in each batch according to AppEngine docs. While
these 99 tasks are created, I am sure it will take more than one
second to do this, hence the one second 50 tasks invocation limit may
not apply.

Also, I am sure 99 records can be processed within 30 second limit, as
its only a task creation exercise. However, I haven't tried this yet!

If a 30 second timeout occurs, I will use the cursor to create a new
task to continue to this process.
If no timeout occurs, then I will call the next 99 records and create
tasks for them.

This is my plan, please advise on the reliability, speed and
efficiency.

Thanks very much for your time.

C30