Hi xtranophilist,

The general answer is YES: you can add external jars to thes source of
your application: I personally did for some.

Now, in particular, for the classes that you mention, you will need to
specifically test if they run on GAE or not: for example, they may
not, if they depend on other base java classes than the ones in the
white list (see http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/jrewhitelist.html)

regards
didier