I have no idea how this doesn't seem to come up anywhere when I
search, but for some reason when I try to add an item to a List<Key>
that has been pulled out of the datastore I get this error:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Query result sets are not
modifiable
        at
org.datanucleus.store.query.AbstractQueryResult.add(AbstractQueryResult.java:
221)
        at
com.appointment.actions.ContactActions.updateContactMethods(ContactActions.java:
1186)

My code looks like this:

public List<ContactMethod> updateContactMethods(List<ContactMethod>
pPassedContactMethods,List<Key> pDatastoreContactMethodKeys) {
PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
Query query = pm.newQuery(ContactMethod.class);
query.setFilter("key == :keyList");
query.execute(pDatastoreContactMethodKeys);
List<ContactMethod> pDataStoreContactMethods = (List<ContactMethod>)
pm.newQuery(query).execute(pDatastoreContactMethodKeys);
for (ContactMethod lContactMethod : pPassedContactMethods) {
pDataStoreContactMethods.add(lContactMethod);
}
pm.close();
return pDataStoreContactMethods;
}

The goal is that when someone adds a new ContactMethod the system
picks that up and adds it to the set of Keys reference in that
Person's List<Key> contactsmethods to allow the managing of an unowned
relationship.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!