I had this problem and found it was from installing the eclipse plug
in using the "install new software" item on the help menu instead of
using the install from the new "eclipse marketplace" item under help

or the other way around, i don't remember - but i was installing 64
bit / 32 bit and all sorts of combinations and that turned out to be
the fix for me. The symptom was that after i installed everything I
didn't have the web application option when creating new projects.

Ben
http://javagwt.blogspot.com/