Hi,
I'm trying to modelize with JDO but after a long experience on Oracle
it's quite a tough stuff :)

Here is my simple Test case :

I made a ModelBase entity with a pk (as encoded string) and two date
fields (created and updated). The two fields will be filled through
hooks.

I have a first entity Season extending from ModelBase with two
fields : a name and a code.
I have a second entity CompetitionType extending from ModelBase with
two fields : a name and a code.
I have a third entity Competition extending from ModelBase with two
fields : a Season and a CompetitionType.

I'm not sure the way I have to do it : Should I have  Season and a
CompetitionType objtects in my Competition entity or just keys (as
foreign keys in classic relational models)? I'd like to have the
delete cascade ability (if I delete a Season, all Competitions linked
wille be automatically deleted).
Which strategy is the best practice?