It looks like you can delay tasks via API :

 TaskOptions    countdownMillis(long countdownMillis)
          Set the number of milliseconds delay before execution of the
task.
 TaskOptions    etaMillis(long etaMillis)
          Sets the approximate absolute time to execute.

I also found a link :
http://efreedom.com/Question/1-1049054/Task-Queue-API-ETA-Countdown

I have not tested it though.

Francois