Hi Big Brains,

I carefully watched the Brett¹s speech about large scale apps and how to use
the list property.
I encourage everyone to watch it.

My need : to query on BOTH a single property AND a list property.
This will create a custom index over ONE single property and ONE list
property.

My question :
I need to know from your experience if this would lead to query or index
performance issues, knowing that we intend to manage a very large number
(several billions) of those small entities.

Following is a sample example of my model (where I removed all JDO
annotations for clarity) :

Class HelpMeBigBrains {
        private Key key;          // the primary key of the object
        private Key objectAkey;          // an unowned one-to-one
relationship with another object kind
        private List<Key> objectBkeys;          // an unowned one-to-many
relationship to another object kind
}

My JDO query would look like this :

Query query = pm.newQuery("SELECT key FROM " +
HelpMeBigBrains.class.getName());
query.setFilter(³objectAkey == aKey²);
query.setFilter(³objectBkeys.contains(b1Key)²);
query.setFilter(³objectBkeys.contains(b2Key)²);
query.declareParameters(³com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Key aKey, b1Key,
b2Key²);
List<Key> results = query.execute(keyA, keyB1, keyB2);

Thank you in advance for your answer(s).

Kind regards,
Cyrille