Well, that is what i'm using :)
FTS with self merged join (if that is what you're refering to)

The problem here is with the build-in indexes (it should be able to
serve those queries that matches a text on a singe list property, for
a large number of entities right ?). As i understand, the FTS in GAE
is based on the ability of matching a list of keywords against the
list field of the entities you want to search (equality filter) right?