I've been successfully using SiteMesh 2.4.1 on App Engine.

I'm using the filter definition here:

    <filter>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>

 <filter-class>com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.SiteMeshFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

And I've got a decorator like this:

<decorators defaultdir="/decorators">
    <excludes>
    <!-- some excludes -->
    </excludes>
    <decorator name="main" page="decorator.jsp">
        <pattern>/*</pattern>
    </decorator>
</decorators>

And I've got a decorator.jsp file.

Things work fine for me.

Guillaume

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:38, anand <anand.rap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to incorporate sitemesh in my application and deploy in the
> AppEngine .Its working properly in the development environment .But
> not working when uploaded to the cloud .
>
> Downloaded sitemesh-2.4.2.jar  and added  WEB-INF/lib directory.
>
> Added the below config in web.xml
>
> <filter>
>   <filter-name>sitemesh<filter-name>
>   <filter-class>
>     com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter
>   </filter-class>
>  <filter>
>  <filter-mapping>
>   <filter-name>sitemesh<filter-name>
>   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>  <filter-mapping>
>
> Created a /WAR/WEB-INF/decorators.xml file:
>
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <decorators defaultdir="/">
>   <decorator name="main" page="main.jsp">
>     <pattern>/*</pattern>
>   </decorator>
>  </decorators>
>
> Its working in the localhost but not on the cloud .Let me know if you
> found any issue .

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://www.springsource.com/g2one