My workaround (I'm doing the testing so far) :
- create a extra property that merges the content of the N properties you
wish to filter on
- query on that single extrat property with inequality filters

That is what geohash does when merging latitude AND longitude into one
single property :
http://hitching.net/2009/11/10/scalable-fast-accurate-geo-apps-using-google
-app-engine-geohash-faultline-correction/