Objectify is cool, but for real performance you should use GWT + slim3.
I don't know about Roo, but the RequestFactory looks really good.
http://code.google.com/intl/es/webtoolkit/doc/trunk/DevGuideRequestFactory.html

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Vikas Hazrati <vhazr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We recently helped an organization move their pretty successful
> standalone enterprise timesheet product to the app engine and offer it
> as a SaaS application. The project used Spring, Wicket,
> Hibernate(which we converted to JPA). However we had to face many
> obstacles on the way. You can read about ALL our logs here
> http://thoughts.inphina.com/tag/GAE/
>
> The problems that I would like to highlight with Spring was the slow
> startup time and the time killing our application on each cold start
> because the beans were brought back to life again. Several times we
> breached the 30 s barrier. With wicket we faced serialization issues
> and with JPA we have a lot of blogs on how we made our way around
> them.
>
> You can access the application here http://www.bookmyhours.com/demo.jsp
>
> OK, the main question -  Now we are getting into a greenfield project,
> we do not have any baggage of frameworks used in the past. The project
> is a B2C portal, mostly reads, form submissions and results, payment
> gateway etc. What would you recommend as the application stack for
> such a development?
>
> We are contemplating between
>
> GWT + Spring Roo + Objectify
> GWT + slim3 + Objectify / Twig
> GWT + Guice + Objectify / Twig
> Non GWT + Any of above options
> Any other options?
>
> What would you propose for new development and what should be our
> deciding factors?
>
> Regards | Vikas

Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.

http://code.google.com/p/guit/